Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Juggling

http://marketplace.espeakers.com/movie.php?sid=5290&aid=10558

Ooh. The fabulous link of the week.
Some of the best juggling I've seen in a long time.

When I was in high school my friend Bob,
(my very fun date to the senior prom)
taught me how to juggle tennis balls.
He taught me in our English class.
Writing skills and juggling, all in one classroom.

My freshman year in college,
when I had lots of time on my hands
and few places to go and people to see,
my friend Katrina worked with me
on polishing up my juggling
so that I could get through
more than a couple tosses
without chasing.
She taught me how to throw up
(that doesn't sound quite right)
rather than throw forward.

When I was pastoring in Florida
and a teenager came to live with me
for a year or so,
I taught her how to juggle.

The gift goes on.

Maybe I'll go toss a few
small, catchable items
around for a while.

1 comment:

spark said...

I see great possibilities for liturgical dance . . .