Monday, May 01, 2006

Spring Cleaning

I blogged on Saturday
about dusting and moving furniture
and working on getting rid
of an entire bookcase worth of books.
I tried to post my blog
and it got sucked up in cyberspace,
leaving nothing but the title,
which I then deleted.

I decided to move on to other projects.

I'm finding decluttering to be as exciting
as shopping for more things with which to clutter...
more exciting, really, because I don't have to leave home
and it doesn't cost me any money.

I'm so pleased with the new arrangement
of furniture in my bedroom.
So energized to start ripping up carpet
in the front two bedrooms.

Also excited about garden progress and plans.
Ate spinach and lettuce this weekend...
no caterpillars discovered in the process.

Soon...beans and tomatoes and corn and squash.
Lovely summer veggies.

Sad to go back to work today,
when I'd love to stay home puttering--
but I know when I get going
how much my work will deepen my soul
even as it replenishes my little checkbook.

Off to work, then.

1 comment:

spark said...

how lucky--and unusual--to have work that deepens one's soul.