Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Major Art Purchase

You may remember the 90 year old artist
whom I met at a local nursing home...
again, not one of my hospice patients.

When I was visiting one of his neighbors last week,
a staff member came by the desk where I was charting
and announced an art show.

Stan periodically has a show
and sells his paintings,
using the proceeds to buy more art supplies.

I did not hesitate,
but pulled out my wallet
and headed for the show.

I initially was looking at a painting of a train,
but a staff member from the facility
saw me admiring it
and swooped it up from under my nose.
SOLD.

I was a little more cagey after that,
not showing obvious interest
until my windmills were safely
in my grasp.

Art critics agree,
this is the best stuff
since Grandma Moses.




1 comment:

Stephen said...

Nice!