Thursday, March 06, 2008

No Vacation at All

If you read back through my blog,
you'll note that one of my consistent topics
is whining when I'm sick.

This be one of those blogs.
I had an AWFUL respiratory bug
three weeks ago...
bad enough that
I thought it might be the flu.
Completely sapped my energy.

Was fine for two weeks
then came down with a hacking
fevering plague
this week.
At first I thought the hacking
was just residual from the first bout of whatever.

Yesterday, continuing to feel
worse and worse,
went to the doctor's office.
They swabbed my nose,
disappeared for a few minutes
and pronounced me positive
with influenza.

They don't know what I had
three weeks ago,
but figure it weakened my immune system.

So...I'm home until at least Monday.
Up at 6:00 to suck on a cough drop and complain.

Quarantined at home
and not feeling well enough to enjoy it.

Bother.

No comments: