Saturday, November 12, 2005

Moving & Raking Day

Ah, almost too tired to type.
My arms feel like spaghetti
only with a bit more sore
...both muscle sore and
big honking bruise sore.

But what a lovely feeling
to set up rooms
in the new church building.
(Well, new to us.
'Twas built in 1926, I think.)

Thankfully, moving
was interrupted
by childcare responsibilites
so other people
could have a shot at moving things.

I got to sit in the sunshine
later in the afternoon
with brilliant blue skies above
and balmy late summer weather (?)
while two girls ran
joyfully about the playground.
Restful to my arms and spirit.

Don't know why we're having
this weather, this time of year,
but it was GORGEOUS
for moving
and for raking leaves.

The youngest next door
was having a grand time
jumping in leaf piles.

I think everyone in Asheville
raked today.

Despite the summer weather,
we moved from fall
to fell
this week.




No comments: