Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Back from the Beach

Apologies for not having pictures
of the sunset
the white sand
the hundreds of sand dollars
the clear cool water.

I left my camera in the car
two hours away from the beach
when I carpooled with June.
(I left my toothbrush, too,
but bought another
at the grocery store.)

Just know it was perfect weather
and picture perfect scenery,
and all was well with my three friends.
An oasis time...
usually at least one of us
is in crisis or transition.

The calm before the storm, perhaps.

Now I'm home.

Work is topsy turvy
with administrative transitions
and we'll be a chaplain short
by the end of the week.

Ernie the cat
is growling at me.
I think he has the feline dementia.

But so it goes.
I'll put my feet up now,
just for a few minutes...
close my eyes,
and play my internal films
of walks on the beach
and laughter
with my friends.

No comments: