Thursday, February 23, 2006

Planning My Midlife Crisis

Maybe I'm getting too close to 40.
Maybe it's the early signs of spring.
Maybe things have just been going
a little too well lately.

I think I'm getting ready
for something a little bit

...different.

Don't know what yet.
Maybe just something new
to learn, to contemplate.

Maybe a whole big chain reaction
of change.

I told my coworker
the tall, fun nurse,
about my sense of impending
midlife crisis.
She asked if it would involve
motorcycles.

I am clear it does not.

We'll just give it some time
and see what progresses.

Around me family is moving
to New Zealand,
a friend is writing her first book.

Maybe I'm just feeling a little bit
....I don't know....
ready for my own shift.

Probably nothing so dramatic.

But...wanting to live life
INTENTIONALLY
and not just drift downstream.

2 comments:

spark said...

Let's have lunch. This 40 thing is big, and change is fun.

spark said...

Let's have lunch. This 40 thing is big. And change is fun.

Honored to be a link.