Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Holy Week, Busy Week

Blessed Holy Week to all.

Just a quick note in the midst
of what is turning out to also be
a week just a little too full
of places to go,
people to see,
things to do.

After work
and after a very pleasant church meeting,
I spent some time in my blue jeans
on my knees, pulling baby weeds
from around my two inch tall pea plants.

Thinned the brussel sprouts
(too many sprouts sprouted),
weeded the cilantro,
watered the lettuce and greens.

We've got potatoes in the ground now,
as well as strawberries and rhubarb.
Soon I'll start tomatoes on the sunporch
in little peat cups.

I plan to put a whole bed
of sunflowers along the back fence
behind the grapevine.

While it is not good for one's manicure,
it sure feels good to the rest of me,
body and spirit,
to go and play in the dirt.

No comments: