Saturday, April 08, 2006

A Perfect Saturday

A perfect Saturday, today. Home alone, recharging my introvert batteries. Feeling better after another cold, breathing happily through my nose.

Cleaning house: sweeping floors, dispatching clutter, eliminating dust, cat hair and grime. The cats do shed in the springtime.

Playing music on the cd player at times, or just listening to the birds singing through open windows.

Outside the garden is soaking up springtime rain. The brussel sprouts and lettuce have sprouted, a chickadee is popping in and out of the birdhouse by the grapevine. Inside, my avocado pit has finally begun to sprout. Soon, hopefully, a lovely green plant will begin to grow out of this humble pit in a jar.

If I could figure out a way to finance it, I would be content to stay home and clean and garden. Ah, well. Perhaps it wouldn't feel so great if I could take it all for granted. Some things are wondrous because they are rare.

2 comments:

Stephen said...

Glad you are feeling better!

Chapeltree said...

It comes and goes, but generally an improving trend. Unfortunately, the better I feel, the worse I sound.