Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Ernie, Part Three

Well, my man Ernie
is taking his medicine with relatively little fuss.
For a cat.
He does flatten himself to the floor
when I grab at him,
but he shows up on time
and sticks around enthusiastically
for the canned food that follows.
I think he feels better.
We start the thyroid medicine soon.

I've been blogging in my head this week,
but have had little computer time.
Too much living to write about it.
I'm sure I'll catch up as the summer grows hotter.

This week we got the last of the summer veggies planted,
played with visiting children,
cleaned house,
went to work,
attended various services and meetings at church,
cooked out for Memorial Day,
read books (some just for FUN)
and planned next week's Arizona jaunt.

All in all, a pretty good week here in NC.

If you look closely at this picture of Ernie
you can see some of Daisy's beany babies in the floor
behind him.

1 comment:

Chapeltree said...

Ernie's local Grandpa is going to come hang out with Ernie and Daisy for the week. Since Grandpa's wife is also going gallavanting next week, he's going to need the companionship.