Sunday, May 14, 2006

Summer Vegetables and Flowers

Just for the sake of record keeping,
since I can't put my hands on my garden journal
without a search this morning...

Yesterday we planted three rows of corn,
one row of beans,
one hill of yellow squash,
one hill of luffa gourds,
and a bed of sunflowers.

I also sprinkled some old foxglove seeds
in the front flower beds.

All the while, the chickadees
flew in and out of the bird box
on the grapevine pole,
greeted each time by a ruckus
of baby birds fussing and singing.

They worked harder than we did,
and I'm a little sore this morning.

Happy Mother's Day
to all chickadees everywhere.

1 comment:

Stephen said...

Good luck with the loofa. I think we planted ours too late the year we attempted to grown them. THe few little loofa rotted on the vine. :(